Transatlanticism
横渡大西洋
Death Cab for Cutie
The atlantic was born today and i'll tell you how...
大西洋今日诞生,我来讲述它的过程...
The clouds above opened up and let it out.
云雾终将散去,水落必然石出。
I was standing on the surface of a perforated sphere
我站在地球表面,它千疮百孔。
When the water filled every hole.
眼看大水灌满每个洞口。
And thousands upon thousands made an ocean,
万千细流,汇成海洋。
Making islands where no island should go.
把大陆变成岛屿。
Oh no.
哦,不。
Those people were overjoyed; they took to their boats.
人们大喜过望;纷纷奔向船只。
I thought it less like a lake and more like a moat.
我觉得它不象湖泊,更象深渊。
The rhythm of my footsteps crossing flood lands to your door have been silenced forever more.
我穿过被洪水淹没的地方直到你家门口的脚步声永远止息了。
The distance is quite simply much too far for me to row
虽近在咫尺,却远隔天涯
It seems farther than ever before
难以逾越
Oh no.
哦,不。
I need you so much closer
我需要你在我身边
I need you so much closer
想和你靠得更近些
So come on, come on
那就过来吧,过来吧
- 专辑:Transatlanticism
- 歌手:Death Cab for Cutie
- 歌曲:Transatlanticism