Every Grain Of Sand
In the time of my confession, in the hour of my deepest need
当我忏悔,当我省视我的内心深处
When the pool of tears beneath my feet flood every newborn seed
泪水已浸湿了我脚下发芽的种子
There's a dyin'voice within me reaching out somewhere,
垂死的声音终于挣扎着冲破了我的胸膛
Toiling in the danger and in the morals of despair.
回旋在危险和绝望的境地
Don't have the inclination to look back on any mistake,
不再试图回顾我的错失
Like Cain, I now behold this chain of events that I must break.
我必须挣脱束缚住我的枷锁
In the fury of the moment I can see the Master's hand
当葬礼来临之际,我能看见上帝的双手,
In every leaf that trembles, in every grain of sand.
随着每一次轻微的颤抖,撒下了每一粒尘土
Oh, the flowers of indulgence and the weeds of yesteryear,
沉沦的鲜花和湮没的种子
Like criminals, they have choked the breath of conscience and good cheer.
如同罪人一般,被良知和美德所哽噎
The sun beat down upon the steps of time to light the way
阳光照耀着时间的步伐来为我指引道路
To ease the pain of idleness and the memory of decay.
解除我的麻木和遗忘所无法排解的伤痛
I gaze into the doorway of temptation's angry flame
我凝视着天堂里延伸着的愤怒和激情的火焰
And every time I pass that way I always hear my name.
每次经过都如同聆听到他的召唤
Then onward in my journey I come to understand
在人生的历程中我逐渐明白
That every hair is numbered like every grain of sand.
生命的衰竭就如同那一粒粒飘落的尘土
I have gone from rags to riches in the sorrow of the night
在悲伤的夜晚经历过贫穷到繁华
In the violence of a summer's dream, in the chill of a wintry light,
在夏夜梦的暴虐和寒冬灯火的冷冽中
In the bitter dance of loneliness fading into space,
独自徘徊迷失在无尽的苍穹
In the broken mirror of innocence on each forgotten face.
在淡漠和遗忘中记忆就如同破碎了的纯真的面容
I hear the ancient footsteps like the motion of the sea
听见远古的脚步随着大海的波涛汹涌而来
Sometimes I turn, there's someone there, other times it's only me.
有时回头看见别人,有时却只剩下自己
I am hanging in the balance of the reality of man
我沉醉于现实的平衡和妥协之中
Like every sparrow falling, like every grain of sand.
象每一只鸟儿和每一粒尘土,飘然坠落。
- 专辑:Shot of Love
- 歌手:Bob Dylan
- 歌曲:Every Grain of Sand