We're not the same, dear, as we used to be.
亲爱的,我们和以往不同了
The seasons have changed and so have we.
季节变换了,我们也变了
There was little we could say, and even less we could do
我们能说得不多,能做的更少
To stop the ice from getting thinner under me and you.
为了不让我们之间的冰雪继续融化
We bury our love in the windsory grave
把我们的爱埋葬在温莎的坟墓
along came the snow, that was all that remained.
接着,下雪了。那是仅存的东西了
but we stayed by its side as the days turned to weeks
但是,日子一天天过去,我们仍然伫立一侧
and the ice kept getting thinner with every word that we'd speak.
我们没说一句话,冰雪就继续融化一分
and when spring arrived
当春天来到的时候
we were taken by surprise when the flows under our feet
我们将会惊讶的发现,我们脚边淌着细流
led into the sea
注入海洋
nothing was left for you and me.
什么都没有为我们留下
We're not the same, dear,
亲爱的,我们都变了
and it seems to me
对我而言
there's more where we can go with nothing underneath.
没有了那层冰雪,我们似乎可以走的更远
and it saddens me to say
我只能悲伤的这样说
but we both know, well, it's true
但是,我们都知道,这是真的
that the ice was getting thinner
under me and you.
我们之间的冰雪越来越稀薄了
the ice was getting thinner
under me and you.
我们之间的冰雪越来越稀薄了
- 专辑:Narrow Stairs
- 歌手:Death Cab for Cutie
- 歌曲:The Ice Is Getting Thinner